Monday, June 11, 2007

Old Habits

I tried. I really did. I thought if I concentrated on one or two projects - instead of my usual 5, 6, 7, 8s - I would finish my CPH that much sooner. Instead, there was a lot of whinging on the blog and a sad dead in the water stall on my creativity and the little knitting I was accomplishing. So much for intentions, etc. Today it's back to my old habits, and I couldn't be happier.

I cast on my Gothic Leaf stole in the scrumptious aubergine linen, aka the sausage yarn. I've worked 13 rows, and so far the Euroflax is behaving itself. Not much give to it, of course, but there's a nice stitch definition with the US 4s I'm using. What do you think?

I've started some other stuff, too, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow. Today is Tom's birthday, and now we're off to celebrate.

9 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Lovely stitch definition, My Dear. Can't wait to see more WIPs.

Happy B-Day Tom! Which swank supper club are you going to tonight?

LotusKnits said...

You will *love* the linen when you're done.

And a big Happy Bday to the man!! Have fun! *wink*

mary said...

Ah, that aubergine is divine. Happy Bday to Tom!

mehitabel said...

The GLS is looking great, and the aubergine is even prettier in person! Happy birthday to The Man, too--tell him he's not getting older, he's getting better, like a fine wine! (That tends to head off the fine whine that comes with Too Many Birthdays...)

BrownPants said...

Oooh, I really love the colour of the sausage yarn. Just lovely :)
(I'm having the same disinterested respone to a jumper i'm making at the moment too. Maybe we should swap and finish each others! Hahahaha)

Anonymous said...

Aubergine linen? Yummy! Drool! And Happy Birthday to Tom, all the very, very best to him!

Anonymous said...

Don't be to hard on yourself. I think starting new projects helps our creative juices keep flowing, and will probably reignite your desire to finish CPH. And how could you be expected to resist that awesome Euroflax. That color really POPS. I can't image if it looks that good on the computer, what it really looks like.

jillian said...

Hooray for old habits. Just do what works for you, I say.

I really think that is going to be stunning, especially after the knitted fabric gets a tussling!

jillian said...

Oh - I forgot -

Happy Birthday Tom!!!