Thursday, June 21, 2007

Mystery Stole 3

Mystery Stole 3 begins on June 29th. I'm swatched and rarin' to go. At this time there are almost 2,600 people from all over the world signed up, and the Yahoo list is abuzz with people deciding on what yarn to use and whether or not they want to add the optional beads. Pattern creatrix and group moderator Melanie has told us that this pattern works best in black or white. Bet you know which color I picked. Yep. JaggerSpun Zephyr in Ebony. Even raided the stash for it. (I bought it on sale last year from Red Bird Knits, but have since discovered Sarah's Yarns is the place to go for Zephyr.) I'm using US 3 29" Bryspuns, and will be omitting the beads.

Within my local knitting group, there are four of us who will be participating: Mary, Marie, Seattle Marie and myself.

It's incredible to think that 2,500+ people will be knitting this pattern together. Sorry to get all California new-agey on ya, but the thought of all of us working the same stitches at (roughly) the same time is magical. I always love our online knitting/crocheting community, but some moments are extra special. This is one of them.

Sign ups close on July 6th, so if you're thinking about it, go sign up now. Fiend will be happy you did.

13 comments:

mary said...

Within our blogsophere, Annie, my SP in New England, Silvia, Kate and Lisa are joining us too! Isn't that so awesome? I think I'm just as excited as you. :)

Ellen Bloom said...

Nice even rows. Looks like you won't even have to block this baby! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Have fun with the KAL! Maybe I'll periphery knit along with y'all on my Icarus. :)

CatBookMom said...

Wow! That Sarah's Yarns is fabulous! How did you ever find that place?

The beginning is looking so pretty; I give you lots of credit for knitting with black yarn. But no, no Mystery Shawl/Stole/Scarf happening here.

Katie K said...

Actually, there are over 2500 of us signed up to knit the MS3. Can't wait to begin.

pacalaga said...

Yeah, what Katie K said. The 1100 number was just the number of people who signed up in the last week. So the magic is more than doubled. :-)
And are you telling me that your group consists of Mary, Marie, Marie, and Madge?
I'm pretty excited about it too. I'm using Irish Moss Elann Lace, and going to find my beads tomorrow.

Madge said...

Oops, my bad. Thanks for catching my clerical error, Katie and Carrie...that's what happens when I rush to get back to my knitting. :D

Anonymous said...

I seriously contemplated doing the mystery stole, but since I already have 2 intricate lace projects on the needles, I had to be realistic.

Guess I'll live vicariously through you, and hope they do an MS 4

Anonymous said...

OK, that's it! I ordered my Zephyr wool silk in Ebony tonight, you and Mary will be known from now on as "Lace pushers"

Anonymous said...

We're using the same yarn! and mine is a stash buster as well. I found it deep in my stash, and I have no idea when I bought it or for what, though I can tell you from which LYS it came.

Ummm, I'm not so local anymore, Seattle is only oh about 1100 miles north of you. Just about a 23 hour drive, or a 3 hour plane trip, not including ground transportation and TSA.

Debi said...

but, but, but....no beads? Come it's easy, I'll even mentor you :)

Annette said...

I'll cheer you all on from the sidelines. I can't even keep up with my blogging (writing & reading) or my knitting projects right now. I'll knit my Myrtle Leaf Scarf while you're knitting up your mystery. It's black and it's lace. Have fun!

mehitabel said...

That black is gorgeous--and I do love working with Zephyr. Must. Not. Order. Zephyr. Must. Not...